With names, for example, Guarana, Serengeti Empress and Jaywalk arranged, Saturday’s Grade 1, $1 million Cotillion Stakes at Parx Racing offers a lot of star control for a race limited to 3-year-old fillies. Guarana comes into the 1/16-mile Cotillion as most loved with three successes in the same number of lifetime starts, and she will be extreme again in this spot.
On paper, there is no motivation to question her. In any case, who are the best contenders not named Guarana? The time has come to examine that.
In front of post time at 5:14 p.m. ET Saturday, here’s a glance at the field and authority morning line, with Pennsylvania Derby chances and examination likewise accessible:
- Serengeti Empress, 7-2 (Alternation – Tom Amoss/Irad Ortiz Jr. – 10: 5-2-0): Serengeti Empress ran second to Covfefe in the Test Stakes (G1) at Saratoga, which is fine. Covfefe is an astounding sprinter with numerous significant successes in her future. The course separation isn’t an issue, either, as this is the Kentucky Oaks champ. Be that as it may, Jaywalk’s quality on the pace may mollify her a piece alongside the longshot Collegeville Girl. Win contender.
- Afleet Destiny, 30-1 (Hard Spun – Uriah St. Lewis/Rider TBA – 14: 1-2-2): In her last two beginnings, she ran fourth by 13 lengths in the Cathryn Sophia Stakes and fifth by nine lengths in the Alabama Stakes (G1) at Saratoga. On the success end, she is overmatched. Be that as it may, it not difficult to imagine her thumping in for fourth. Use underneath.
- Road Band, 8-1 (Istan – Larry Jones/Sophie Doyle – 11: 4-0-3): In her last two beginnings, Street Band has resembled an alternate filly. Notice TimeformUS gave her a 112 for winning the Indiana Oaks (G3) and 116 for completing a third in the Alabama Stakes (G1). Her three past numbers were 98, 102 and 98. She needs some assistance on the pace end, however, which Jaywalk and Serengeti Empress will give. Win contender.
- Jeltrin, 12-1 (Tapizar – Alexis Delgado/Leonel Reyes – 11: 3-1-3): This filly jumped on the guide by winning the Davona Dale Stakes (G2) in March, when she vanquished Jaywalk in the champ’s season debut. From that point forward, Jeltrin’s structure has looked conflicting. She ran tenth in the Kentucky Oaks, before bouncing back with a decent third in the Acorn Stakes (G1). All the more as of late, she won the nearby Cathryn Sophia Stakes by 7 ¾ lengths with a major 120 TimeformUS Speed Figure. Live longshot.
- Collegeville Girl, 20-1 (Central Banker – Richard Vega/Angel Castillo – 4: 2-0-0): At least she refocused with a nearby discretionary guaranteeing win in the wake of completing ninth in a Saratoga recompense race. Be that as it may, in general, Collegeville Girl looks overmatched. She will give some modest speed. Hurl.
- Horologist, 15-1 (Gemologist – John Mazza/Luis Saez – 10: 5-1-2): Even however Horologist is riding a four-race series of wins into this race, who did she beat? In the Monmouth Oaks (G3), she combat a preposterous Jaywalk. Different races in the streak didn’t highlight any eminent fillies. Horologist shows up overmatched. Hurl.
- She Makes Me Smile, 50-1 (Include – Trevor Gallimore/Wesley Torres – 19: 5-2-1): After running fourth in a Monmouth Park discretionary claimer and 6th by 30 lengths in the Cathryn Sophia, it is faulty why this filly is here. Supernatural occurrences occur, however this contender will require a wonder. Hurl.
- Guarana, 9/5 (Ghostzapper – Chad Brown/Jose Ortiz – 3: 3-0-0): While Guarana’s initial two successes came around one turn at Keeneland and Belmont, she likewise succeeded at two turns in Saratoga’s Coaching Club American Oaks (G1). She additionally succeeded at nine furlongs in that race, which means this somewhat shorter separation represents no issue on paper. Other than that, Guarana claims great strategic speed. Obviously, the main disadvantage is the normal short cost. The pick.
- Sweet Sami D, 20-1 (First Samurai – Patrick McBurney/Paco Lopez – 8: 2-3-1): This one ran second in the Just Jenda Stakes on turf at Monmouth and after that third to Horologist and Jaywalk in the Monmouth Oaks. She never genuinely compromised for the success, in any case, in the last mentioned. Those searching for a bomb underneath in the superfecta may utilize her. Use underneath.
- Bellafina, 6-1 (Quality Road – Simon Callaghan/Flavien Prat – 10: 6-1-1): For reasons unknown, Bellafina is a shell of her standard structure outside California. In any case, taking a gander at her west coast races, a portion of the occasions she won included delicate fields, as well. For example, she didn’t beat any filly of noteworthiness in the Santa Ynez Stakes (G2) or Las Virgenes (G2). It is conceivable that voyaging uncovered her as just great, not extraordinary. Use underneath.
- Jaywalk, 6-1 (Cross Traffic – John Servis/Joel Rosario – 10: 5-2-1): The dominant Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies victor either didn’t advance or lost a stage at age 3. Subsequent to running thirteenth in the Kentucky Oaks, Jaywalk rebounded with a nine-length win in the Delaware Oaks (G3). In any case, at that point she ran second in the Monmouth Oaks (G3) to Horologist. With fast Serengeti Empress present, the undertaking is substantially more troublesome. Hurl.
Decision: Guarana is a substantial most loved here, and there is nothing to nitptick. Bettors worried that nine furlongs demonstrated her breaking point in the Coaching Club American Oaks (G1) can feel better in this spot as she curtails marginally.
Serengeti Empress is drawn ineffectively, as both Collegeville Girl and Jaywalk will weight her all things considered. Be that as it may, she brings great structure and ability — two positive characteristics.
Both Street Band and Jeltrin will offer worth.
proposed bet is a trifecta: 8/1,3,4/1,3,4,10